What your chiropractor in Austin wants you to know!
Injuries from car accidents can affect you in many different ways. You may have visible injuries, but quite often you will be injured in on the inside. Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX wants to share how chiropractic care can help you after a car accident.
Car accidents cause a wide variety of injuries to bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Whiplash and back pain are just two of the many injuries that can occur from a car accident. Different parts of your body may be injured, depending on the direction of impact. Consider that:
- If you get hit from the front, your chest and lower limbs may be injured. If you aren’t wearing a seatbelt, you can also experience head trauma and facial injuries.
- If you get hit from the side, your head, chest, lower limbs, abdomen and even your internal organs may be injured.
- If you get hit from the rear, your head, neck, chest and spine can all be injured.
There are several tips you can try at home if you are in a minor car accident. Remember to:
- Limit activity for the first 24 hours
- Place ice or heat packs on the injured areas
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
If you are in a more serious car accident, there are several ways Dr. Zeke can help. He may recommend:
- Gentle massage, to reduce swelling, pain and tension in your muscles
- Joint manipulation, to improve function and increase range-of-motion
- Electrical stimulation, to increase circulation and reduce stiffness
- Physical therapy, to increase flexibility and function
If you’ve been in a car accident and are suffering from chronic pain, don’t worry. Your chiropractor in Austin can help. You don’t have to deal with accident-related injuries alone when help is just a phone call away. Call Dr. Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX. Get on the road to recovery by calling today!