How your chiropractor in Austin can help you feel better!
If you’ve had an injury due to an accident or trauma, the effects might not be obvious on the outside. The truth is injuries can affect your tendons, ligaments, muscles and other areas and the effects might not show up until well after the accident happens.
Fortunately, your chiropractor can help you feel better after an injury. Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX, wants to share what he can do for you.
One of the most common injuries is a sports-related injury. Whether you keep fit with regular activities or are a weekend athlete, it’s easy to injure yourself. You can injure many parts of your body, especially if you play contact sports like football or soccer.
Another common cause of injuries is a car accident. Auto accidents affect your body in different ways, depending on the type of collision:
- A front impact can cause chest and lower extremity injuries even if you are wearing a seatbelt. If you aren’t wearing a seatbelt, you can injure your face and head.
- A rear impact can affect your chest, neck, spine, and head.
- A side impact can damage your lower extremities, chest, head, abdomen and potentially your internal organs.
Whether you are injured playing sports or during an accident, Dr. Zeke has many effective treatments to help with your auto injuries including:
- Therapeutic massage used to relieve muscle tension and restore flexibility
- Electrical stimulation therapy to boost blood flow and loosen stiff muscles
- Ice therapy used to reduce swelling, limit muscle spasms, and help ease soft tissue pain
- Heat therapy used to boost blood flow and relax muscles; heat also helps with muscle flexibility.
- Chiropractic adjustments using gentle manipulations to release and realign vertebrae and help regain muscle movement
- Ultrasound to decrease pain and speed healing
Your chiropractor can help heal your injuries after trauma or an accident. You can still enjoy the activities you love thanks to the help of your chiropractor. For more information about post-injury chiropractic care call Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX. He can help you feel better so call today!