Posts for category: Chiropractic Medicine
Although auto accidents can cause broken bones and lacerations, injuries after a crash aren't always obvious. Acceleration or deacceleration forces during accidents may be responsible for internal injuries to joints, bones and tissues. Our Austin, TX, chiropractor, Dr. Zeke Harkleroad of Bee Caves Scoliosis Center, discusses common types of internal injuries from auto accidents and explains how chiropractic treatment can be helpful.
What types of injuries can occur after a car accident?
Injuries that don't cause any noticeable external signs include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the force of the crash abruptly moves your head back and forth, causing neck pain. Other symptoms may include a headache, neck stiffness, blurred vision, dizziness and ringing in the ears.
- Spondylolisthesis: Spondylolisthesis occurs when a stress fracture moves a vertebra from its normal position. If the vertebra presses on a nerve in your spine, you may notice symptoms in your legs or buttocks, such as pain, trouble walking, numbness or weakness.
- Strains and Sprains: Accidents can strain your back, causing pain that makes it difficult to function. If your pain is severe, you may not have a sprain or strain, but a compression fracture in your spine.
- Herniated Discs: Discs cushion the spaces between the vertebrae in your spine. Herniations occur when the center of the disc begins to bulge through the outer layer of the disc. Herniated disks may press on nerves causing pain in numbness, pain or tingling in an arm or leg.
- Worsening Scoliosis: Scoliosis, an abnormal curvature of the spine, can sometimes become worse if you've been injured in an accident.
How can chiropractic treatment help?
Chiropractic adjustments can reduce pressure on nerves, decreases pain and inflammation, and promotes healing of your tissues. Have you recently been injured in an auto accident? Chiropractic treatment offers an effective, natural way to help you heal. Call our Austin, TX, chiropractor, Dr. Zeke of Bee Caves Scoliosis Center, at (512) 327-5311 to schedule an appointment.
Spinal decompression offers a gentle and effective way to treat back pain.
Suffering from back pain can interrupt your entire life. Bee Caves Chiropractic and Scoliosis Center in Austin, Texas, offers spinal decompression therapy as a way to combat this common and often debilitating problem. Dr. Zeke Harkleroad has helped many patients by using this revolutionary therapy. We've answered a few of the common questions about it here.
What is spinal decompression?
At Bee Caves Chiropractic and Scoliosis Center in Austin, we offer spinal decompression as a therapeutic treatment for back pain caused by spinal disc abnormalities, pinched nerves and overuse injuries. A specialized table, equipped with moving parts and linked to a digital monitor, allows your Austin chiropractor to gently manipulate the spine through alternating stretching and relaxation maneuvers. This allows the spinal column to return to its optimal positioning and relieve pressure.
Is spinal decompression painful?
These sessions with your Austin chiropractor are designed to alleviate pain, not exacerbate it. You may feel some different sensations as the decompression machine does its job, but the vast majority of patients find the therapy sessions very comfortable and relaxing.
How long do spinal decompression sessions take?
Most sessions at our Austin chiropractic office with Dr. Zeke Harkleroad take less than an hour, depending on the severity of your condition.
Do I need to bring anything with me to my sessions?
Dr. Zeke suggests wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing for spinal decompression therapy session. You will not need to undress, but it's important to be comfortable during the treatment.
Is spinal decompression effective?
In a recent study, 86% of 219 people who went through a regimen of decompression therapy for degenerative disc disease found that their symptoms significantly improved.
If you're interested in learning more about how spinal decompression therapy can help your back pain, contact Bee Caves Chiropractic and Scoliosis Center in Austin to set up an evaluation with Dr. Zeke today!