What your chiropractor in Austin wants you to know
Injuries from car accidents can affect you in many different ways. You may have visible injuries, but quite often you will be injured in on the inside. Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX wants to share how chiropractic care can help you after a car accident.
Car accidents cause a wide variety of injuries to bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Whiplash and back pain are just two of the many injuries that can occur from a car accident. Different parts of your body may be injured, depending on the direction of impact. Consider that:
- If you get hit from the front, your chest and lower limbs may be injured. If you aren’t wearing a seatbelt, you can also experience head trauma and facial injuries.
- If you get hit from the side, your head, chest, lower limbs, abdomen and even your internal organs may be injured.
- If you get hit from the rear, your head, neck, chest and spine can all be injured.
There are several tips you can try at home if you are in a minor car accident. Remember to:
- Limit activity for the first 24 hours
- Place ice or heat packs on the injured areas
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
If you are in a more serious car accident, there are several ways Dr. Zeke can help. He may recommend:
- Gentle massage, to reduce swelling, pain and tension in your muscles
- Joint manipulation, to improve function and increase range-of-motion
- Electrical stimulation, to increase circulation and reduce stiffness
- Physical therapy, to increase flexibility and function
If you’ve been in a car accident and are suffering from chronic pain, don’t worry. Your chiropractor in Austin can help. You don’t have to deal with accident-related injuries alone when help is just a phone call away. Call Dr. Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX. Get on the road to recovery by calling today!
How your chiropractor in Austin can help you feel better
If you’ve had an injury due to an accident or trauma, the effects might not be obvious on the outside. The truth is injuries can affect your tendons, ligaments, muscles and other areas and the effects might not show up until well after the accident happens.
Fortunately, your chiropractor can help you feel better after an injury. Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX, wants to share what he can do for you.
One of the most common injuries is a sports-related injury. Whether you keep fit with regular activities or are a weekend athlete, it’s easy to injure yourself. You can injure many parts of your body, especially if you play contact sports like football or soccer.
Another common cause of injuries is a car accident. Auto accidents affect your body in different ways, depending on the type of collision:
- A front impact can cause chest and lower extremity injuries even if you are wearing a seatbelt. If you aren’t wearing a seatbelt, you can injure your face and head.
- A rear impact can affect your chest, neck, spine, and head.
- A side impact can damage your lower extremities, chest, head, abdomen and potentially your internal organs.
Whether you are injured playing sports or during an accident, Dr. Zeke has many effective treatments to help with your auto injuries including:
- Therapeutic massage used to relieve muscle tension and restore flexibility
- Electrical stimulation therapy to boost blood flow and loosen stiff muscles
- Ice therapy used to reduce swelling, limit muscle spasms, and help ease soft tissue pain
- Heat therapy used to boost blood flow and relax muscles; heat also helps with muscle flexibility.
- Chiropractic adjustments using gentle manipulations to release and realign vertebrae and help regain muscle movement
- Ultrasound to decrease pain and speed healing
Your chiropractor can help heal your injuries after trauma or an accident. You can still enjoy the activities you love thanks to the help of your chiropractor. For more information about post-injury chiropractic care call Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX. He can help you feel better so call today!
What your chiropractor in Austin wants you to know
If you suffer from back problems, you already know how it can impact your life. You may think you will never play golf or tennis again. You may be wondering if you will be able to work at your job. You don’t have to live your life in uncertainty! It’s time to get some help from your chiropractor. Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX, wants to introduce you to a very effective treatment for back pain. It’s called spinal decompression.
Dr. Zeke uses a unique form of spinal decompression called the Kennedy Spinal Decompression Technique. This technique is state-of-the-art and only 3% of chiropractors in the United States are trained to use this technique.
Two factors that many back problems share are poor spinal muscle control or damaged discs. Spinal decompression can help both issues through the use of traction equipment which stretches and relaxes your back and hips. When you choose the Kennedy Spinal Decompression System, you can count on:
- A gentle and comfortable treatment
- Non-invasive, non-surgical therapy
- A safe, economical treatment
- Treatment focused directly on problem areas including discs and muscles
There are some easy tips you can follow to help prevent back pain in the future. Remember to:
- Practice correct posture; don’t slouch
- Move around frequently; avoid long periods in the same position
- Wear supportive shoes, not high heels or worn-out shoes
- Always wear appropriate footgear if you are playing a sport
- Avoid carrying heavy objects like purses
- Sleep on a medium-firm mattress that supports your body
- Incorporate Foundation Training into your daily routine to engage the posterior spinal chain muscles
- Eat a healthy diet and maintain a healthy weight
The Kennedy Spinal Decompression Technique is just one of the effective treatments available for back pain at Dr. Zeke’s office. For a complete list of available treatments, please visit the services page on the website at http://www.doczeke.com/services.html
You don’t have to live with back pain. It’s time to talk with an expert and call Dr. Zeke at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX. He can help you relax your back, so call today!
The National Scoliosis Foundation estimates that scoliosis affects between 6-9 million Americans every year. Patients who struggle with this spine condition can often be successfully treated by a chiropractor. Learn how Dr. Zeke Harkleroad of Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX, can help you or your child with this spinal disorder.
What Is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a disease that causes the spinal column to curve to the left or right. It usually causes the spine to take on a “C” shape. It's considered an incurable condition, but some of the symptoms can be relieved with specialized treatments and surgeries. A patient with scoliosis will usually lean to the side when standing or walking, which could lead to other problems over time. Here are some common causes:
- A physical genetic deformity, such as being born with one leg shorter than the other.
- A birth defect, such as down syndrome, cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy.
- Muscle spasms and inflammation of the spinal column.
Pain, discomfort and deformities due to scoliosis can be managed by Dr. Harkleroad at his Austin, TX, practice. He’s a chiropractor who offers a scoliosis treatment for young people and adults called SpineCor. It’s a corrective body brace that is worn for 20 hours per day under the patient’s clothes. The straps and bands are designed to help realign the spine, fix the patient’s posture and prevent progression of the symptoms of scoliosis.
Your Chiropractic Appointment
At your first appointment, your chiropractor will perform a thorough exam to determine the severity of your case and see if SpineCor is the right solution for you. The exam will include X-rays and an assessment of the curvature of the spine. Models will be taken to help your chiropractor design the perfect SpineCor brace for your case. You will be scheduled for regular appointments to monitor progress.
Call Your Chiropractor Today
Get help with your scoliosis symptoms at a chiropractor's office. Call (512) 327-5311 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Zeke Harkleroad at Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center in Austin, TX.
It’s no secret that neck and back pain can be debilitating. However, with the help of your Austin, TX chiropractor, Dr. Zeke Harkleroad of Bee Caves Chiropractic & Scoliosis Center, your pain can be resolved. Both back and neck pain can be caused for a variety of reasons, so having a consultation with a professional chiropractor will yield the best results.
What to Expect At Your First Chiropractic Visit in Austin, TX
Dr. Zeke will first discuss your medical history including any medical records that may help him understand your condition. Certain things in your health history can help him to diagnose your problem. Some of these things include (and are not limited to):
- Circulation problems
- Bone disorders such as Osteoporosis
- Injuries (car accidents, fractures, sprains)
- Sleep disorders
After this medical history discussion, a physical exam will ensue. A structural assessment of the spine will first be performed. Other tests that test one’s strength, muscle tone and range of motion will be performed too. A chiropractor will also explore the alignment of the spine from top to bottom to see where pain exists. With all of this information, we can determine a diagnosis for your neck and back pain.
Treating Neck & Back Pain with Dr. Zeke
Every situation is different, so treatment will vary from patient to patient. For some, simple spinal adjustments will help reset proper neurological patterns to provide structural stability and pain relief. For others with pain deriving from an injury, other more complicated treatments including electric stimulation or spinal decompression may be necessary.
Whatever your diagnosis, you can expect a professional response to your pain from your Austin, TX chiropractor, Dr. Zeke. To schedule an exam with him today, call (512) 327-5311.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.